Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ambushed by a goat

Just before 8am on my day off, I am catching up on my rare moments of sleep. The phone starts to ring, thinking to my self that it must be important as most people know that I will simply not answer the phone that early unless I am at work. So I pick up the phone...........It is Rosie.......

Rosie :"Um, ya...... I need you to get $$$ out of the bank and go meet Jose in about 20 min in town, he will have a goat for you to pick up."

Me: "mppphhhh........what?"

Rosie: "Oh an good morning!"

Me: "ok........"

Rosie "Let me know how it goes, bye"

So I roll out of bed, throw some cloths on and go out to the van. The van is packed with loads and loads of our junk that we have no managed to get unpacked for about a month. Open the garage and begin to throw everything from the van into the garage. I am running out of time as it has taken 10 min to get the van cleaned and dressed so I jump in the van and drive to town (another 7 min) get the $$$ and head back to the meeting place. Thinking I need to at least be a little awake I gulp down a redbull at the gas station while waiting for Jose. Jose shows up and seems nice enough, luckily his english is better than my spanish and we are able to converse a little. He seems a little wary of selling his goat to this obviously scruffy looking nerf herder (no shower, no hair combing, no coffee, no breakfast, even the crazy homeless guy at the gas station gave me a wide berth). But I explain that Rosie knows about goats and that seems to make him fell a little better. So he opens up his pickup camper shell and I notice that I am not getting a cute and manageable little baby goat. I am getting a horned, full grown evil eyed (not really but it sounds good) human flesh eating goat. Prior to this my only experience with goats is with our little baby goats who love to be picked up and scratched on the head. So I decide to take the bull (goat) by the horns and pull it out of the truck and haul it into the van. Once in the van things seem to go smoothly, although I notice that the new goat (Big Goat) has a old wound on her hind leg. Also I notice that Big goat is in desperate need of a hoof trim nothing too bad but something to notice. So I drive Big Goat home and proceed to literally drag her by the horns out of the van and threw the living room to the back yard. The entire time Big Goat has locked all four of her legs and is acting like I am dragging her off to be tortured and killed. Luckily Aikido works on Big Goat and we make it to the back yard. Once there everything is fine, she now hangs out with Little Rosie and Ramses and things seem good. Of course last night I ask Rosie if there is anything I can do for her tomorrow while I am at home. She says "If you can milk the goat that would be super cool".

Did you miss the part where I have never even seen a big goat until yesterday????

1 comment:

  1. Dear Martyr Jed,

    You are the coolest husband in the world.. Would you like your nails back so you can get back to the cross?

    Much Love - xoxoxox,

    Rosie =D

    Teeheee!!

    ReplyDelete