Thursday, May 5, 2011

Our fearless huntress

Trouble is very good at catching prey. In fact, the other night I heard a loud thunk when she climbed in through the screen door and then some crunching, which made me ask Jed to see what she was feeding on. It turns out that she had killed a gopher, climbed the screen door with it in her mouth and then brought it in to feast on right in our entry way. The only thing of note on this is that the gopher was as big if not bigger than her. So how was she able to climb with a gopher in her mouth and then fling it in between the loose screen and the door? I have no clue but she was having a blast and munching away. We ended up having to warn Aaron about the blood stain on the entry way.

I've also found mice that she's brought in to eat. I think Calvin did a great job of teaching her how to hunt. Now if we could only get her to bring down a coyote or a fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment