Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Looking forward to Thanksgiving


So the day after our Scything party our neighbor let us know that they had some turkeys at the Feed Store.... So Jed and I found our way over to the feed store. They happened to have different types of heritage breeds so we picked up three Narrangansets. They've been growing like mad and flying all around the turkey/craft/chicken/crap room. This morning I found them on top of one of the dressers and then they flew into their brood box to get some food that I put out for them. Since it was a straight run we'll see what we end up with. We're hoping for a breeding pair so that we can get future turkeys. We'll eat one for this Thanksgiving and look forward to future turkey dinners. =)

Which reminds me... I need to get a list of things I want for thanksgiving so that I can make sure that they are all planted and ready to be harvested by that time...

No comments:

Post a Comment