Saturday, March 24, 2012

The backyard

I keep forgetting that not everyone sees things through my rose colored lens. When I look at the backyard I see so much potential that sometimes I forget how messy it is. But today I was thinking about all the neat things I would like to do with it and happened to actually see the mess as well. That frustrated me. I've gone through so many different iterations of plans for the backyard that now it seems as if it is actually getting somewhere. I want to draw them out and start working on different projects. I want to get the backyard to look like how I see it in my head.

Here is a glimpse of the backyard when we got it:








Here is what I would like it to look like with some things already in place:








We're always working on things because when we look outside we see the second picture. It is just taking us a bit to get it to look like what we see.

2 comments:

  1. I WILL get down there and help! I want to dig the pond...smokehouse...feed the chickens...help butcher the pig...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =) We will keep working on things and every little bit helps.

      Delete