Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sometimes all you have to do is ask

I take walks during my breaks at work and I admire all the trees and garden in the neighborhood surrounding my work. Some of these gardens are in little streets and some of the trees are in the cementary that's about a block away. One thing I noticed while walking is that there are lots and homes that have either tall grasses or fruit bearing trees without any work being done to them. I found myself working up my courage to go up the the homes to see if I could pick up the dropped fruit or to cut down the grass.  It's been strangely positive in that people will gladly allow me to pick up all the dropped fruit or will allow me to go into the lots and cut down grass whenever I can. Although I think I would still have to build up the courage to go to new people and ask, sometimes all that it takes is that little bit of effort to go up and ask. I think it helps out many of us; I get to feed my animals and use extra fruit and they get a clean area without too many rotting fruit. Next time you see an oportunity, I would highly recommend that you take that chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment