Sunday, January 6, 2013

Wishes and goals for the new year

I have many goals but as of yet, I have not posted them all. I think this year I'll make my list of items I would like to do or accomplish in this next year. I'll try to make it a To Do list on the side so that I can see how I am progressing this year. My goal is to accomplish at least 2 a month.

1. Finish the Cow Hall - This is important because we need a place for the baby animals to be warm and safe as well as a place all the animals can get out of the hot sun.
2. Make a portable Chicken/Turkey Tractor - Not too big but not too small so that I can move them all around the backyard. I have a few ideas for the portable coop that will also have the Anglo-Saxon motif on a medieval cart. This will also include tearing down the other coops.
3. Make as many dump runs as needed to get all the garbage out of the backyard.
4. Use all the glass wine bottles that we have. Either save some in a secure location for future brewing or for a structure (either a raised planter or a bench).
5. Secure all trees and build an easily climbable fence that will allow me to maintain the trees but keep all the herbivores out.
6. Finish planting the last of the trees that we want on the property. Plant out berries and look into the figs, pomegranates, and olives.
7. Sew together a blanket box for the bees for the winter and a shade spot (or tree) for the summer.
8. Finish permanent bbq/bread oven/smoker. - Initial bricks are laid for bbq and the base outline for bread oven. Need to pour the concrete into the bbq base and install the posts for the bbq. Will also need to pour the base for the bread oven over the bricks that form the round. After that we'll build the actual oven. I'm hoping a more stable secure base will keep it from being destroyed as easily as the last one by the animals.
9. Lay out the bricks under the veranda.
10. Figure out a way to keep my house cleaner and be able to maintain it easier. 11. Clean (and keep clean/organized) the garage so that I can move the Shadow in there. Sell/Donate/Get rid of anything that is not needed.
12. Fix up the wall in the master bathroom.
13. Keep up with all the weeding of the thistle on the property.
14. Set up permanent fence for garden/piggy area.
15. Start the back garden.
16. Dig the hole and install the freezer root cellar.
17. Lay out the paths in the backyard. (Try to place a rock on path at least once a day.)
18. Fix the electrical wiring in the kitchen.
19. Build a better table/layout for the bees.
20. Keep the front patio clean.
21. Build the seat/bookshelf I've wanted to for a while.
22. Organize books and distribute those I no longer need.
23. Finish sidewalk around the house.
24. Build greenhouse/shed. Make it look like the TARDIS if at all possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment