Saturday, February 13, 2010

Man vs Piggies of Evil

Ok so the epic story of man vs pig continues. So when we first brought our pigs home they smashed out of the pen we had for them and ran around the yard like 40 lb furry torpedoes. After a few days of that the pigs of evil decided that they wanted to go hang with the neighbors horse, by burrowing under the fence. So Rosie and I recently built a new and improved pig pen. And the pigs of evil promptly smashed the cunning one-way pig ramp I made to get them to stay in the new tougher pen.

The next day I devised a rather ingenoious spring door to allow the pigs to enter the pen and have the door shut behind them. The pigs of evil broke the sping and once again escaped.

The day after that I renforced the spring and re-set my pig trap. It worked, the new spring survived the pigs of evil and they where trapped in the pen. The now 60 lb furry torpedoes just smashed threw the gate and back off to visit the horse.

Now I have an even more fiendish device to close the door after the (now 100lb) pigs enter the pen to get their nightly food. Using a weight and a rope the door will close behind them in a (I hope) fullproof trap for the pigs of evil. I also heavily re-enforced the gate. In the morning we shall see to whom this chapter of man vs pig will be counted for.

No comments:

Post a Comment