Thursday, March 4, 2010

All by myself =D

I was able to milk Big Goat all by myself today. =) I held her by her horns and tried tying her back legs, which was an epic failure. She just kicked out of the loop. I did get to milk her and we ended up with a little less than 1/4th cup, which I might add is a lot better than 5.5 cups in one milking. I gave it to the cats and I think they approved. We'll see what she peaks at. I held her for a while afterwards just petting and cleaning out her fur. I let her know that she was all right and that things would be ok for her. I hope she feels comfortable in her stay with us. Ramses has really taken to her as he tries playing with her and just hanging out.

Oh, Rosie the goat was not helping as she kept on trying to eat my sweater while I milked Big Goat.... I think next time I'm going to move the kids outside while I work with Big Goat. I'll see if Jed can help me design something to make the milking process easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment