Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bacon






Jed ended up brineing some bacon last Saturday so we were to leave it in the fridge until today and then bake it. He made four different batches with a total of about 32 lbs of bacon in all. Today I pre-heated the oven to 200 degrees and then put two batches of bacon in with a sheet at the bottom to catch all the drippings. It took about 2 hours for the center to be at 150 degrees and I was able to take out the bacon and let it cool down to room temp. I then sliced it and cooked up a couple of pieces to try. The first to be prepared was recipe #2 and it turned out well. The bacon was a little salty for me but Jed liked it. I think next time we'll rinse it out a bit more, place it in cold water with potatoes to take some of the brine out, or just alter the recipe to use less salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment