Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Lunch Hour - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

There is nothing easier to make in a toaster oven than grilled cheese sandwiches. I was spoiled today as I was able to use Farmer Bill sourdough bread and some home cheese. The result was an awesome grilled cheese sandwich that I ate with home canned tomato soup. Just the perfect thing to eat for a fast lunch with minimal prep and cook time.

I've also tried to change things up a bit. Wheat with Dubliner, or rye with a Manchego, both were delicious but I'll keep trying different combinations to see what works best and what gives me that perfect goey deliciousness that offsets the sweetness of the tomato soup. If you have any good combinations please let me know so that I can try it out at work.

And for the feeling of a recipe:

Ingredients:
A few slices of bread
A few slices of cheese

Place the cheese between the slices of bread. Toast in the toaster oven for five minutes on Toast or until the bread is slightly toasted and the cheese has melted. Ta-da!

2 comments:

  1. Is it horrible of me that my favorite grilled cheese sammich is Kraft American on store-bought wheat?

    And it's not that I'm not discerning. I am VERY discerning. A grilled cheese sammich, for me, MUST be Kraft American on store-bought wheat. It's just what I was raised with. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, not horrible at all. I think just being able to have that perfect grilled cheese sandwich anywhere (especially at work) makes it that much more enjoyable.

      Delete