Friday, August 13, 2010

Gardening - keeping track



I've come to terms with being a night gardener... =) When I'm working I get a short amount of time during the night and in the morning before work to be out in my garden. I see my just sprouting sun flowers and my ears of corn as I run to work or when I drive back in. I cherish that moment of walking in the garden.

Sooo keeping track:

This morning (8/11) I planted:

Pink radishes
Red leafed lettuce
Early red beet
okra
Loose leaf lettuce
turnips

Last night I watered all the raised beds to give the the existing plants that little extra umph in water. I planted them this morning since the soil was still wet and it allowed them to heat up throughout the whole day. We'll see how many sprout.... and if we can keep up with our veggies. I might end up making some clotches to keep the plants warm just in case if the temp dips. It's supposed to be in the 100's this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment