Sunday, February 13, 2011

Thoughts on planting

There is so much work to be done in regards to the garden in the front and the back. I just want to be able to go and fix the destruction that the animals caused so that I can just plant something again. We do have the artichokes growing in the front, but I would love to have more items that are permanent so that the front doesn't necessarily look like a war zone. I think I'll be looking through my copy of The Complete Guide to Self-Sufficiency to see what he recommends. The book was written for Britain, but some perennials should be fun to grow over here.
I'm also thinking about planting the three sisters where the pigs have mucked up. That might help the soil over there. I noticed that some of the seeds that I threw out did sprout so we'll see if we get vetch, clover, and alfalfa growing in the back.
The waterlogged area that the pigs mixed up really well would work fabulously for the outmost layer of the bread over so I think that after it gets soft I'm going to pile it all up around the bread oven and probably decide to use all of the god forsaken rocks we have in the back to make designs on the bread oven. I cannot think what else to do with a few truckloads full of smallish rocks. Any suggestions for designs?

No comments:

Post a Comment