Thursday, October 27, 2011

Insanely efficient


If your home gets cold when it freezes and you need something that is insanely efficient I would highly recommend a wood burning stove. We picked up our Morso shortly after we purchased our home and found out that our fireplace was a lookin' fireplace rather than a functional one. The Morso 2B is supposed to heat a max of 1200 sq ft but it heats our 1400+ sq ft home very well. As I said yesterday, it froze last night so I started a fire (while breastfeeding no less - thank you Jed and Aaron for those fire starting lessons!!) threw in a couple of pine logs, let it catch, then turned it down. I added a couple more this morning around 10am to keep the fire going. And to add to the awesomeness I just threw in a couple more logs and once again I started them with the coals from this morning's fire. When we returned this evening from visiting my little sister the house was at 70 degrees while the outside temp was in the 50s. Oh yeah, and you can cook on it as well and to make it uber awesome, the state of California is doing a tax rebate if you buy/install one as well as the fed, and if you're really lucky your county will be running a promotion as well. That is how Jed and I got a our stove for about a third of the original price. =) I loves me my Morso.

No comments:

Post a Comment