Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Concrete work ptII




I think the weather gods all focus on any weekend that Steven and I hope to pour concrete. This is the second part of the concrete work, and it rained on us again. Poor Steven had to put up with a distracted Rosie, a sick Lil'Rosie, and it seems like everything else that could have gone somewhat wrong. My 2x4's seem to be a cause of great distress. Apparently, my 2x4's are waivy and upset him to no end. Eh... I got them on clearance, and they match my house. And then after all the sidewalk was poured he let it dry up a little so that he could do all the finish work on it, but Trouble got to it before he could and ended up leaving a story of a chase on the concrete. Steven was pretty much at his wits end by that point so he was able to fix most of the concrete that had the deep paw prints, but he also left some sections with paw marks as they were already dry by the time he got there. In the morning, the turkeys and the ducks decided to add their dirty claws and webbed feet to the design. We'll see how it turns out, but so far, it looks like it belongs around our house. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment