Sunday, October 3, 2010

Putting in the sidewalk



Adding the walkway around the house is one of the most actually important improvements we have to do on the house. The foundation is a bit... crappy and so we have to make sure that all the water actually moves away from the house rather than just pool around it. We started this project last year, but as neither of us know how to work concrete and since my hours had been cut down to the point that I couldn't afford to buy concrete... it was put on hold. But this weekend my brother, Steve, drove down from Modesto to help with the beginning of this project. Today we were able to complete the most necessary part of this project. It was also a blast because it was Steven's birthday and Juan, Dante, Lucy, and Marc were able to visit him. Steven drove down with Kristina, My mom, Francisco, Maggie, and Ceaser. I also completed a ton of digging around the house before they arrived, which was actually welcome since it made me feel as if I was out fighting in one of our SCA wars. I was soaked with sweat, stabbing with the hoe or shoveling dirt. I only had one bad point today when I forgot to eat and got a little light headed, but the rest of the weekend went smoothly. We'll see about attempting to either finish part of the back by ourselves, or what will most likely happen will be that we'll just wait for Steven to come back so that he can direct us again. I loves you Steven!

Ironically, as soon as Steven drove off, a few sprinkles fell from the clouds... I think the weather gods wanted to let me know I should get a move on. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment