Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lil'Rosie on the mend

Lil'Rosie was doing well this morning. She's not back to her normal bossy self, but she's able to function on her own. Yesteday when I went to go see her at lunch she had not eaten so I had to hand feed her until she got a little bit of food in her. After work I went back home and separated her from the herd and took her over to the alfalfa and hay. She ate until she filled in again, which is good, but she was still acting frightened of everything and would get scared if I wasn't around. After eating her fill I took her back with the other goats and she spent the night with them. I think I only heard one cry at all last night, so it's a big improvement. This morning she started eating on her own and was drinking water. She was also moving around and it looks like if Lil'Rosie and Bugger are starting to become close friends. I think they both have that association of humans as bringers of safety and happy thoughts. We'll see how things progress. The herd is keeping its distance and taking care of her. Ramses is not being harsh on her and none of the other goats will take her food. I think they know she's still sick. This has been a learning experience, but one that was most likely needed. I'm very glad we did not give up on her, but I hope that she's able to fully recover, as we cannot keep goats that require special needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment