Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ducks as lawn mowers



Yesterday when I got home I noticed that the front lawn looked horrible and most of it was on its side and that the lengths were not even close to being close. I thought that my scything had just gone to crap and that I needed to get lessons on sharpening my blade again... when I saw some duck heads peak out from under the squashes.... Apparently the ducks have taken it upon themselves to come up to the front and eat down any errant grass, watermelon, lettuce, seedlings, collard greens, cabbage, spinach, and anything else you can think of.... So until I fix the side gate I'll have ducks that come to the front to feast on food. Oh yeah, I also noticed that they leave a sentry in the back to quack bloody murder if it looks like if I'm walking towards the front. It doesn't really helps since I can clearly see 9 sets of webbed feet under the bush they try to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment