Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Attack Turkeys


I am sitting in the living room having my morning coffee. As I look out the window I see a gray feral cat staling threw the tall grass, no doubt in high hopes of pouncing on one of our small animals. Before I can get up and walk out doors I also notice 3 turkeys, heads low with extended necks creeping up on the cats flank. The turkeys walk, wait no, stalk threw the grass quietly. There is a predator in their teritory and they are going to "deal with it". Then a jump, a flurry of feathers and the sounds of a very unhappy cat. A gray feral cat leaps back over the fence, eyes the size of its head and the thought no doubt running threw its mind "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!!" Now the turkeys walk the perimeter fence, back and forth like good sentries eyes alert for more hostiles.

Ever watched the raptors in the movie Jurassic park? I think they where based on turkeys hunting feral cats.

2 comments:

  1. You live in a world where birds attack cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the many weird and funny things you learn about farm life.

    ReplyDelete