Saturday, September 18, 2010

A new pig




So I was at work the other night and there was a knock on the door, Rosie had come to visit me. Since it is a little bit of a trip down to my station from home I was kinda surprised, but pleased, she had made the trip. Turns out Rosie math strikes again, my lovely wife was down in the south county to buy a new little pig. Yup our TWO pigs have become THREE pigs. Really I don't mind, we are looking to slaughter one of our grown pigs in the near future and we did not want the remaining pig to be lonely, so we had talked about getting another pig to keep'em company. She (our new oinker) is a little skiddish but is starting to eat out of our hands and is getting more and more friendly. I was a little concerned about how our other two pigs would deal with a new arrival, especially one so small. So I end up sending a majority of my day off building a new pig pen, attached to but separated from the other pig pen. Well it seems my worry was needless, the moment the new and old pigs saw each other they started talking up a storm (the oinks where flying back and forth) and the only problem seems to be that the big pigs don't understand why they can not get closer to the new pig. So as of now they sleep leaning on their respective sides of the pig fence so that they can touch as much as possible while they sleep. As soon as the new pig gets a little bigger (to avoid any accidental damage from a big pig rolling on her in its sleep) we plan on removing the dividing section of fence and allowing the piggies to mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment