Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cycles - noticing trends

It's September... and it's 102 outside right now. Last year we noticed that it was in the 110's at the end of Sept and I was guessing that it would be the same this year. What does this mean? It means that all the gardening books I could ever read are all off since my seasons are nothing like what they describe in the books. If I was to keep it to say.... summer and have that be from the end of August through the end of Oct then we can work on that. I think I have to shift all the seasons so that I can be sure that I'm planting things at the right time. We have our freezes early in the year all the way through May so I would not be able to plant any of my heat loving plants until way after that. As soon as Aaron and I set up the greenhouse I think I'll start some of those crops in there until the soil heats up enough for me to be able to put them out. Or I can just see what plants do best in our environment and only keep exotics in the green house. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment