Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ghost soap




Angelica has anti-bacterial properties so I decided to blend it with cinnamon for a lard soap. But apparently it was also used by native americans to sprinkle around the house prior to moving in so that the ghost would leave.

I love multi-purpose items. I thought I was just making some anti-bacterial soap but apparently I was also making soap that will ward off ghosts... I love it.

The images with clear plastic are some molds that Jed ended up getting for me as a present. =) We were able to used them at a soap making class in Santa Barbara and they worked out pretty well. The little ovals say 100% natural and the big square one is a bunch of little bars with the shape of the goddess on it. I think those might end up as presents for people. I couldn't find the little plain oval one that I wanted so I just left the rest in a big block. Hopefully this will last us another year. I was going to see about going to Food4Less for more pig and cow fat to make more batches of soap. I was going to see about starting to make our own laundry soap, not that we use much, but it would be nice to be able to control what goes into it. That and I'm sure the pigs would love all that extra cow fat as a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment