Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Death of a cock

Too bad. =( It was my white face, black spanish. He was really gorgeous and I was hoping to keep him and eat the Blue Andalusians. I found him under the bridge but without any marks on him. I'm thinking it was probably the heat. I'm not sure, but we'll keep watching over them. I saw him yesterday and he was fine. He was hiding his head under his wing to stay cool in the morning.

So now we have the dorking cocks and the blue andalusians for our breeding.. =P I guess they will do. They both are very fast developing and well built birds breeds. None of them are skittish and we'll still have the Spanish pullets to work with. The Andalusian cocks don't show the true blue but white with some blue markings.. we'll see how that shows up in the genetic make up of the chicks.

They're only 3 months old (on the 15th) but already they are bigger than the Amaurecanas. So we might end up with some pretty good sized meat birds that also lay well. We'll see. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment