Monday, June 14, 2010

Kitteh found


On Tuesday of last week Jed and I were leaving to meet our new doctor and as we were leaving we heard a tiny "meow". I looked over and mentioned that it sounded like a kitten. Jed agreed so I walked over to the bushes to see what it was.

I found a tiny calico kitten tangled in the bushes and unable to get out. She didn't have anyone with her and I'm not really sure how she got there. So I did what any Rosie like me would do... I brought her inside and gave her food and water and then left to the Dr's.

I was able to go over to the neighbor's house to see if they had lost any kittens and it appears they did not... even though 16 cats came over to see what I was doing...

So far she is at home playing with the cats and waking us up at night. We hope that Sharon actually gets her. =D She's adorable and she's adapted pretty well. At first she was very skittish and hid but now she runs out and greets us as well as lets anyone pet her. She also does all those adorable things kittens do because they know that they have evil powers over us... she climbs into boxes and falls asleep, she attacks Jed's socks, she bounces on the bed trying to play, chases her own tail because it's taunting her, attacks Calvin's tail because she has a death wish, and doesn't attack McGee's tail because he doesn't have one... although she did try to jump on him and he did this awesome mid-flight strike that sent her rolling across the room. Pretty impressive... They all get along now, at first the two other cats let her know she was at the very bottom of the totem pole... she would fall on her side, expose her tummy, hiss in an apologetic way, and beg not to be disemboweled.

We'll see how things go.. we weren't planning on getting any more kittehs for a while so if Sharon doesn't take her we'll probably see what we can do to find her a good home.

No comments:

Post a Comment