Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Why I love Jed


Soo, Jake, Jed's brother, once asked if I had gotten too attached to the pigs thus preventing me from slaughtering them. I had to laugh.. =)

On the other hand, we have Bugger that runs after Jed and jumps on his lap whenever he goes out side and sits down. She is what we might call a "lap goat" she sits there and just fawns over Jed. Jed carries her around and plays with her and lets her sit on his lap while he pets here.

Jed has also taken a liking to the little bantam chickens because they totally have the "Napoleon complex" they seem to not be aware that they are 1/4 the size of the other chickens.

It's been an amazing trip going from no farm animal experience to seeing Jed take care of the animals and help me milk the goats when I just don't have any time. I think he's actually enjoying himself. =) I just hope he doesn't mind when we have to make chicken appetizers out of the bantam cocks.

Talking about bantam cocks: Next time you read To Kill a Mockingbird take notice of chapter 17 when Scout describes Ewell as a bantam cock. It's hilarious as hell if you get the references to the antics of banties.

No comments:

Post a Comment