Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Exploding egg of doom

I was out back when I heard a loud "POP!" I had an idea of what it was and my idea was confirmed when the ducks jumped up and started quacking. They have been laying on a set of eggs and I figured that the once that weren't fertilized were going to start exploding if I didn't move them away... well they did. One popped underneath one of the ducks and they all ran over to the pond (BTW, I was frustrated the other week and I dug a pond that is about 4.5 feet deep in some areas about 9 feet long and about 6 ft wide in some areas) and they washed off. I walked over laughing because my first thought was "that duck is never going to go broody again" They're still laying on the remainder of the eggs so we'll see what happens. Not sure if any of the eggs were fertilized but we'll find out soon enough. I wish I could take them away for a bit and candle them. I might just do that tomorrow night to see if there is anything in the eggs. We're due a shipment of poultry next week and if there are any ducks I might just put them under the ducks so that they can raise them as their own. I hope we get some meat ducks... Rouen would be nice, or maybes some pecking.

No comments:

Post a Comment