Thursday, June 3, 2010

Home


There are so many different meanings to this word... I like what we've found. I love:

walking to the backyard and picking grains
digging ponds or holes
watching the chickens fight over bread and running over to see what we have for them
watching the ducks swim in the pond when they don't think we're looking
coming home to a clean house
watching the goats dance around and do a happy goat dance
keeping the goats from eating my trees
having plants that actually grow because the animals aren't eating them
seeing the bees enjoy their home
watching wild pollinators fly around
watching the sun set
being surrounded my family and feeling loved
getting to work on my house
working on projects
being with friends
being able to invite friends and family over
having a turkey stand on my shoulder because they like it when I walk around with them
having sleepy cats pretend that they weren't asleep
growing my own food
slaughtering my own meat

There is a lot that I love and a lot more to be thankful for. Thank you all for sharing this with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment