Monday, June 14, 2010

That much closer to being done... main bathroom

When we first got the house there were many issues with the main bathroom.. for starters the shower pan was lower than the drain and the walls were rotting. This project has gone through so many variations that it's a bit funny to see how it's turned out. Sam and Jed took out the insert from the bathroom, because they stood for a moment too long and I walked into the room. This was a while ago. After it was taken out we thought of many different ways that we could get the bathroom up and running.

Through many different variations of the design we ended up finding a tub at Restore (Habitat for Humanities) and so brought it home. It's one of those random things that is sold new for about $2000... which we could never pay for a bathtub but at a more reasonable price we would definitely bring it home. We started working on the frame and were all set for setting it up during the weekend.. but it was way more work than we originally thought so that the project stretched out to weeks and then to months. And since it was high on my list of things to finish.. .when the pig killing did not go through and I had people at my house... buahahah, I ended up having them help me put the tub in. We got the plumbing all hooked up and then worked on setting up the shower and the bath... all totally ghetto but oh so totally us. =) I'll be watching the plumbing to make sure that it doesn't leak (it didn't when we were testing) for a few more days and then I'll finish putting the dry wall up. We'll see about fixing the knob to turn the water on or off since it's all cruddy looking.

My goal is to completely finish with the bathroom before June 29th, which is the day last year when we closed on the house. That would be totally awesome. As soon as the dry wall is in place I'll put up the ring to have the shower curtain go on and then be pretty much done. I hope it all goes well. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment