Monday, April 5, 2010

The Guinea's Monkey Chant

Guineas make the coolest sound. Although they are a lot noisier than the chickens or ducks, or goats for that matter, they chatter on as if they are taking part of the monkey chant. I can't help but start dancing and want to join in on the chant when they do start.

I picked up 6 guineas yesterday for us to raise and fatten for an event we'll attend in later May. There are two mating couples and a set of males that I picked up. If they get more familiar with the location and their enclosure, I hope that they might be able to hatch a clutch of keats for us to keep. I would really like that now that I know that I don't actually mind, but enjoy, their chatter. They are gorgeous and very intelligent. I think we would have to clip their flight feathers if we were to keep any.

No comments:

Post a Comment