Monday, April 26, 2010

Rosie Math

OK I feel I need to explain a little about what I like to call "Rosie Math". Now Rosie math seems to apply to mostly animals, or at least so far it applies to animals only.

Rosie Math

It started with chickens, Rosie and I had talk about getting a few chickens. We felt that 4 or 5 chickens would keep us in eggs and perhaps the occasional fryer. We now have 36 chickens.

Rosie Math

We talked about getting a goat for milk and to keep down the weeds. A single goat. We now have 4 goats.

Rosie Math

We talked about getting a duck or two, they would keep the snails down and we both really like duck meat. We now have 7 ducks.

Rosie Math

We talked about getting a pig raising it for meat and eating it. We ended up with 2 pigs of evil and I am sure that had they not been the Pigs of Evil we would have ended up with 4-8 pigs.

Rosie Math

Rosie wanted a bee hive. Rosie can not have processed sugar and so we use honey as the sweetener in our home, a bee hive should keep us in honey and mead. We now have 5 bee hives and more on the way.

Yup you guessed it Rosie Math.

We have been thinking about a cow and maybe a sheep or two. I figure If I suggest we have a steak for dinner Rosie math will turn that into a single small cow. I think I might suggest we have a single sheep hoof (hoofie, for you spacemaster folk) in the yard and thus end up with a smallish flock.

I shutter to think what would have happened if I had ever suggested that we get "a lot" of some animal.

I love her a lot, but damn that girl can't count.........

2 comments:

  1. Wow! How are you guys fitting all of this on that small piece of property?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie math. You have seen the van when Rosie packs it, right?

    ReplyDelete