Monday, April 12, 2010

Re-energizing


I realized that I had been feeling a little confined with our home. We have a lot of half way done projects near the house and we never seem to be able

AARRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE A BABY GOAT TRYING TO EAT MY LAPTOP!!!!!
GET BACK YOU LITTLE BUGGER!!!!
GO EAT SOMETHING CHEAPER!!!!!

sorry about that

never seem to be able to catch up with them. There is a wood burning bread oven, the garden fence, the guiena hen hut, the goat pen, the new bath tub in the master bath. The list goes on and on. Part of my perception comes from that fact that all of these projects are quite close to the house and I see them all the time no matter where I am at home. So any way the homestead was feeling a little cramped, started to wonder if we really did need a little more space.

Then I was flipping through John Seymour's The Self-Sufficient Life and How to Live it

Then everything changed. I read threw the one acre farm and remembered what Rosie and I were trying to do. I realized just how much land we had and I could once again see the potential. I could re-visualize the straw field and the cow/sheep pasture, the plots of vegetable gardens and the small duck and goose pond. I could see the small herd of pigs (minus the pigs of evil) in their pen and I could smell the bread baking in the wood burning oven. I could taste the apples from the tree and smell the house filled with the scent of fresh pressed cider. I could feel my hands running over the wheat and barley stalks as I walk over our little bridge with the stream running under it. It was all back, and I remembered why I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment